PDF Export


default_foto_logo.png The village can be found 8 km to the north-east of Břeclav, in flat – just occasionally corrugated – country. The records of the village Hrušky can be found in written documents as early as in 1368.


The cellar alley

The village was under administration of Týnec and undoubtedly it was one of important wine villages in the area. There are also many folk activities in the village. The Moravian wine tracks go through the village – so you can easily reach the village by bicycle.

The wine buildings, nowadays mostly ground-floor press houses with cellars, create several continuously built-up locations in the village. The oldest cellars can be found in Sklepní street. Most of the original cellars with press houses (originally covered with thatched roof) were re-built. New family houses were built above some of them. But anyway, there are some preserved original farm buildings, typical buildings from the break of the 19th and 20th centuries consisting of a brick one-floor press house with wooden door for hay storage.

New buildings and new press houses were built in the location of original ground cellars – so there was built the cellar complex U hřiště in the second half of the 20th century. The cellars are dug underground, vaulted and covered with a clay layer. Eave-oriented sheds are built of burnt brick. The newer ones have a residential floor, some of them are decorated with sgraffito of Hedvika Fukalíková and Eva Sejáková.

Further information:


BONUS EVENTUS - association of wine growers and makers from Hrušky u Břeclavi and Nový Poddvorov – www.bonuseventus.cz

Navigate GPX Export

Go to article